Protec Industrie has two research priorities.
The replacement Chrome 6 procedures and CMR products to
comply with REACH legislation. This includes free from chrome
6 anodising and passivation, optimised sulphuric anodising and
The development of innovative processes for metal plating on plastic
and the application of adhesive primer for use with free from chrome
paint in the aviation industry.
A team of ten people with comprehensive equipment and
laboratory facilities are dedicated to our research activities
which are primarily focused on:
- Chrome 6 substitution (chemical anodising, anodic oxidation with
chrome, chromium pickling)
- Plating on plastics
- Development of ZnZi procedures (12% to 15%)
- Improving existing practices
- Developing innovative procedures, the ÒSEEPÓ project
- Implementation of process of alteration retouch on aircraft
These projects are conducted in partnership with our prime
manufacturers, suppliers and research centre
Protec is currently working on an innovative project called 'SEEP' in partnership with the CEA (the French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission). This innovative process for electrografting polymer is being developed as a replacement for wet processing treatments on all metallic substrates. A patent for this development has been registered jointly by the CEA and Protec Industrie. Several originators have already shown interest in this technology and further research is planned over the next few years.
Protec Industrie’s R&D department carries out research and provides testing and special process characterisation services of a high level. The department handles around 20 projects a year for our main clients.
Pollution and nuisances are mainly caused by the use of dangerous substances in the surface treatment processes. They have to be handled in accordance with current environmental legislation and require the strict application of health and safety measures in the workshops.
Protec is not only committed to complying with environmental legislation but also to exceeding it, and is constantly looking for ways to minimise the environmental impact of its activities.
Environmental protection is a priority for Protec. We are certified ISO 14 001 and have put into place an eco-management and audit system.
Since 2013, a "zero waste" water treatment plant in Bezons
- 90% reduction of water consumption
- Improved rinsing function
- Protec is ahead of regulations
- Tartaric sulfuric anodizing
- Zinc nickel plating
- Stainless steel passivation (chromium VI free)
- Water-based paint application
Hygiene and safety
- Fire Prevention = 24/7 Securing and Pilot Site SDIS 95
- Chemical Risk Prevention :
* Staff training plan
* Technological Risks Prevention Plan